Supervision of Your Children
Children 9 years of age and under must be supervised by an adult, in an organized program or in Kid’s Club or Kid’s Quest. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the fitness area at any time. Children between the ages of 12 and 17 must go through the Junior Certification before being allowed in the fitness area. Children can only enter locker rooms of their proper gender. Family Locker Rooms are provided for those with opposite gender children.
Locker Usage: Daily use lockers are available to all members. All contents must be removed upon leaving the club. These lockers are emptied each evening by club personnel. Lockers are available on a monthly rental basis for those wishing to leave their things at the club. Silverlake is not responsible or liable for articles damaged, lost or stolen.
Towels: Shower and workout towels are available free of charge to members. These towels may not be brought into the pool area.
Kid’s Club: Silverlake provides a child care service for the convenience of our members. There is no charge for this service if the child is a part of a membership. Members holding a single membership may bring in their immediate family members for a $2 charge. Please limit your visit to no more than two hours. This service may be restricted to members first, if space is limited, this is at the discretion of the staff. Ages are 8 weeks to 9 years. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Friday 4 P.M. to 8:45 P.M. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For additional policies, please see the Kid’s Club Guidelines. Hours are subject to change.
Training and/or Teaching: Only Silverlake employees, agents, staff or prior approved individuals may give lessons, instructions or any other personal training. Services are not available for refund as long as that service is provided by the club. In the event of termination of your membership, you may still use the visits as a non member with payment of the facility guest fee.
Return Check Policy: There is a $35.00 fee charged for any returned check or credit card draft.
Days and Hours of Operation
Silverlake will be open year round with the exception of certain holidays and/or other events. Silverlake, or any portion of Silverlake, may be closed up to five days a year for general maintenance or improvement of the facility. Silverlake, or any portion thereof, may be closed certain days during the year for athletic events such as swim meets and/or basketball or volleyball tournaments or other special events.
Silverlake reserves the right to schedule tournaments, exhibitions, parties, programs, rentals, leagues, and other events. Members may not be able to use all or part of the facility prior to and/or during these times. Silverlake will use its best efforts to notify Members of any such limitation of use as far in advance as is possible.
A part of the pool will be used for the practice of the Clippers swim program during the operating time of the facility. Volleyball and Basketball programs as well as Summer Camps and leagues will be using portions of the gymnasium during parts of the year.
Hours: Hours for the different activities in the facility will vary from season to season. Hours for the different areas of the facility will be available at the front desk in the form of a hand out. ALL HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Hours may be altered due to weather or advisories. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE FRONT DESK ON A REGULAR BASIS REGARDING HOURS OF OPERATION.
Indoor Holiday Hours
Christmas Eve Normal opening time -3:00 p.m.
Christmas Day Closed all day
New Years Eve Normal opening time‑3:00 p.m.
New Year’s Day Closed all day
Easter Closed all day
Memorial Day 8 a.m.‑1 p.m.
Fourth of July 8 a.m.‑1 p.m.
Labor Day 8 a.m.‑1 p.m.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member.
- Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult member (over 18).
- The same guest is limited to 1 visit per 30 days.
- $10 Guest fee applies for all guests.
- If member is bringing more than 2 guests at one time, it must be arranged with membership representative prior to arriving at club.
- Guests may be limited or not allowed on certain days.
Guest Pass Policy
Silverlake appreciates its members introducing the club to family, friends and associates who are interested in exploring membership opportunities at Silverlake. A guest pass, waiving the guest fee, can be obtained from a membership representative provided the following conditions are met:
- Guest is a local resident, 23 years of age or older.
- Guest is a first time visitor to Silverlake.
- Pass must be arranged through the membership representative 24 hours in advance.
- Black out dates do apply.
To use the facilities of Silverlake you must be a member, a guest or a participant in a program or event of the facility. Upon payment of the required fee membership cards will be issued to each member and must be used to gain access. There will be a $2.00 fee to replace a lost or stolen card.
The obligation to pay the membership fee is not dependent upon the availability of the facility. There will be times when the use of the facility is unavailable to members. Dues will not be prorated or reduced due to such unavailability. The membership fee is set with the knowledge that the facility will be subject to such time of unavailability.
Types of Memberships
Family– for purposes of membership a family is defined as a mother and/or father (if both they must reside together) and their unmarried children under the age of 18 who reside with them and/or unmarried children under the age of 23 who are fulltime students who reside with them.
Family Assistant Pass- for an additional fee, a Family Assistant pass will be available to those purchasing family memberships. Such pass will allow one individual nonmember named on the pass to be permitted access with, and for the purpose of watching, a child 12 or under included on the family pass. Such Family Assistant must be 18 years or older. The Family Assistant pass does not allow access unless accompanied by a child with the associated family. This pass is for the purpose of supervision only, not for personal use of the facility.
Senior -any individual 60 years of age or older.
Adult -any individual 18 years of age or older.
Members and guests 9 years of age and under must be supervised by an adult or guardian (age 18 or over) while using the facility—unless they are participating in a supervised program.
Membership in Silverlake is transferable. See Membership Representative for rules and applicable fees.
Members shall conduct themselves and their activities at Silverlake so as to assist management in maintaining the appearance, usefulness and efficiency of the facility. Food and drink are to be kept in designated areas only. Members who abuse the facility or conduct themselves in an unacceptable manner (examples include but are not limited to; using profanity, berating employees or other members, fighting, etc.) are subject to the discipline decided by management which may include suspension or termination of membership. Silverlake reserves the right to suspend or terminate any membership at any time for failure of any member to comply with the rules and regulations or any conduct determined to be improper or detrimental to Silverlake or its members.
Each area of the facility may be subject to different dress codes. Each area’s dress requirement will be set out in the rules for that area. In general, shoes are required everywhere outside the pool area. Anyone leaving the pool area shall dry off so that no water is transferred to the adjacent areas. Members shall be respectful of the safety and comfort of others. Shirts must be worn at all times while in the fitness center and on the basketball court.
Food and Drink
Any food and drink consumed within the premises must be purchased within the facility except baby food (i.e. no outside food or drink can be brought into the facility). Food and drink is permitted in the following areas:
1) In the booth area in front of the café.
2) The “patio deck” within the pool area.
- Any member using the pool must first check in at the front desk. While in the pool and surrounding deck the following rules must be followed:
- Running, dunking, pushing, wrestling, towel snapping, playing on ladders, carrying others on shoulders, excessive splashing or any other nuisance or other unsafe practices are prohibited.
- No glass, containers or otherwise is allowed in the pool area.
- Flotation devices or other inflatables are permitted only if they do not obstruct the view of the lifeguard. The lifeguards may also ask that they be removed if the pool becomes too crowded.
- The small pool and the surrounding area are intended to be used by those unable to use the large pool because of height or lack of swimming ability. Those able to use the large pool should do so. Because small children will be using the small pool excessive splashing will not be tolerated. This pool is also to be used for warm water wellness.
- Water guns or other spraying toys are prohibited.
- Children who are not completely toilet trained must wear swim diapers, plastic or rubber pants while in the pool. No disposable diapers are permitted.
- No balls of any kind can be tossed or used in pools.
- Proper swim attire must be worn at all times with the intent of the facility to be a family oriented facility. Silverlake reserves the right to deny access to the pool or other areas due to inappropriate dress.
- Silverlake can refuse admission or expel from the water anyone having a contagious disease, infectious condition such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, boils, inflamed eyes, ear discharges or any condition which has the appearance of being infectious. Persons having excess skin peeling (sunburn healing), any bandage, tape or pad may be denied admission to the pool.
- Lifeguards shall determine who is acting inappropriately and may require any member or guest acting inappropriately to leave the pool or pool area.
- Only Silverlake employees, agents, staff or prior approved individuals may give lessons or instructions.
- Lap lanes are for lap swimming only.
- Lap lanes are reserved for those 18 years of age and over unless approved by a lifeguard.
- Children 9 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult or in a supervised program.
- Pool hours before 11 a.m. each day are reserved for those members 18 years of age and over. Programmed activity is an exception.
- Only children under 90 lbs are permitted on bumper boats.
The pool area is large and many activities may be taking place at one time. Everyone can enjoy the facility if mutual respect is given to each member or guest. Any problems interfering with the enjoyment of the facility should be brought to the attention of Silverlake management. The decision of Silverlake in response to such problem shall be final.
The following guidelines are to help provide members with a safe efficient workout environment. Silverlake has the final decision in any questions or concerns concerning the fitness area and its use. Any exercise program shall be undertaken at the sole risk of the member. A physician should be consulted before any exercise program is started.
- Any member using the fitness area shall follow the following rules:
- No one 17 years of age or under is permitted in the fitness area until they have been through the Junior Fitness orientation program.
- No children under the age of 12 are permitted in the fitness area for any reason. (For Elite members children must be 14 and over to use Better Bodies Fitness area).
- No food or drink is permitted in the fitness area.
- Only Members and those receiving permission from Silverlake may use the fitness equipment.
- Each member using the equipment shall carry a towel and wipe off each machine after use.
- Safety clips shall be used on any machine having such clip.
- Each use of a cardio machine shall be limited to no more than 30 minutes if anyone is waiting to use the machines.
- Railings are to be used for balance only and not support.
- Do not exit a cardio machine until it has come to a complete stop.
- No more than one set shall be performed on a machine when someone is waiting.
- Machine “hopping” is prohibited when people are waiting.
- New Member Integration Programs: Silverlake offers the opportunity for members to get a healthy start with a fitness specialist, available by appointment. Personal training packages are also available.
- Only Silverlake employees, agents, staff or prior approved individuals may give lessons, instructions or any other personal training.
- Members should not use the equipment or facility beyond their physical condition and ability.
- Proper clothing shall be worn at all times. Shirt and proper shoes (no sandals) are required. No wet suits are permitted.
In order to provide the best use to the most members the following rules shall be observed when using the court areas:
- Gym shoes are required to be worn. Street shoes and sandals are prohibited. Shirts must be worn.
- Events or training will be scheduled which may limit members court use. A schedule will be posted and should be consulted.
- No dunking or abuse of the gym and/or equipment will not be tolerated and may result in removal of the facility or revocation of membership.
- Actions inappropriate to the family atmosphere promoted by Silverlake (i.e. profanity, fighting, abuse of referee or other participant) will not be tolerated and may result in removal of the facility or revocation of membership.
- No kicking balls, tossing football, tossing baseball or any other hard objects are permitted.
- For the convenience of our members, Silverlake has basketballs at the front desk. To check out a ball, you must leave your membership card or driver’s license with the front desk attendant.
- Members 9 years of age and under cannot check out a ball or play in the court area unless they are supervised by an adult or in a supervised program.
- Family Locker Rooms are specifically designed to be used by families with small children. Individuals must use either the Men’s or Women’s Locker Rooms.
- Adults may NOT bring opposite sex children into the Men’s or Women’s Locker Rooms.
- Please follow directions for use of swim suit spinners. Club is not responsible for any damage to suits.
- No food or drink is permitted in locker rooms.
Sauna & Steam Room Use
- Individuals under the age of 17 are not permitted to use these facilities.
- For health reasons shower before entering.
- Please wear a swim suit or towel when using these areas.
- Individuals with medical conditions should consult their physician before using.
- Use should not exceed 10 -15 minutes.
- Leave room at once if dizziness, nausea, hot or cold flashes or headache develops.
Locker Use and Rental
- Both ½ and full lockers are available for daily use.
- Belongings may not be left in lockers overnight unless you have rented locker.
- Contents of daily lockers are removed each evening.
- Club is not responsible for valuables, clothing etc. or anything that is in lockers.
- A percentage of the lockers are designated for monthly rental. ½ lockers can be rented for $10 per month and full lockers for $15 per month. Please see Front Desk or your Membership Representative to rent locker.
- 1 Shower Towel per person. Towels must be placed in towel bins when finished.
- Shower towels may NOT be brought to or used in pool area.
- 1 Workout Towel per person. Please place used workout towel in towel bin before exiting fitness center.
Program Rules & Policies
Please refer to the rules and policies sheet provided for each program provided by Silverlake, The Family Place.
The intent of the management of Silverlake is to create a family oriented facility to be enjoyed by everyone. The rules set out herein are the guidelines to achieve such a facility. All of the rules and regulations set out herein are subject to change with or without notice. Other rules or regulations will be posted within the facility.
Please refer to the back of your membership agreement for more detailed instructions and conditions.
Addendums will be made to this manual. Silverlake will update the master copy that will be available at the front desk. This information will also be available online at www.silverlakefamily.com. It will be the responsibility of every member to look for addendums.
*Information subject to change. Please see a Membership Advisor for questions.