First you catch the sniffles. Then you curl up on the couch. Before long it’s spring and your New Year’s health resolutions are nothing but a distant memory. Not on our watch! Winter wellness is easier than you think. Here are a few tips to get you started.
5 Tips for Winter Wellness
- Sleep more. Yes, we’re giving you permission to hit the snooze button. Your body works hard to stay warm in the winter, and even the sun goes down early. Give your body an extra 30 minutes to rejuvenate each night and you’ll feel better.
- Drink tea. Got the shivers? Hot tea will help. Feeling sniffly? Green tea has natural antioxidants that reduce cell damage and can even fight off disease. A cup a day may be the cure to your common cold. Bonus: green tea boosts your workout.
- Be a social butterfly. Winter isolation happens to everybody, but making time for friends and family can help. Plan a family play day on Saturdays or make a date with a friend at a fun fitness class.
- Eat more protein. Most people are naturally carb-crazy during the colder months. It’s not your fault! But eating protein isn’t just healthy for its own sake; it can also reduce cravings for sugar and carbs.
- Hit the gym. Staying active is better than an espresso shot when it comes to staying alert and upbeat during the dreary winter months. If you’re having trouble getting motivated to workout, try warming up at home, signing up for a new fitness class, or working out with a friend.
Want to see what winter classes and gym memberships we have available for the new year? Call Silverlake in Erlanger, KY.