Registration for Fall 3 Sessions are open for members!
Learn to Play – for ages 6-10 to introduce children to the fundamental skills and drills that lead up to game play! Sports vary by season and include:
- T-Ball/Coach Pitch
- NEW!! Futsal
Leagues are offered year round for ages 4-10 and designed for children who want to learn to play and improve on their sport. Several practices cover basic game play and rules. Children will work individually and as a group to prepare them to play as a team. Rules are enforced progressively as children build confidence and learn the team atmosphere. Leagues vary by season and include:
- T-Ball/Coach Pitch
Sports Development for ages 3 & 4 is an introduction to the fundamental skills of a variety of different sports. They will be introduced to throwing, catching, dribbling, passing, striking and shooting. This is a great class to discover which sport your child is interested in!
SPORTS DEVELOPMENT: AGES 3 & 4
This class is an introduction to the fundamental skills necessary to participate in a variety of sports and fitness activities. Throughout the session children will be introduced to various skill sets, such as throwing, catching, dribbling, passing, shooting, and striking. All skills will be developmentally appropriate for your child’s age and ability. The focus of the class is on the “how to” and the development of correct technique in a fun and friendly environment.
BASKETBALL LEAGUE: AGES 4-5 & 6-7
This is non-competitive, co-ed league for children who want to learn how to play basketball! We focus on the fundamental skills of dribbling, passing, shooting, and teamwork in a friendly and fun environment. For the purpose of learning, this league is tailored towards the needs of younger players:
• Games will be played at Better Bodies
• Season includes 2 practices and 6 games
• Games are 32 minutes long: 8 minute quarters
• Games played 3 v. 3 or 4 v. 4, kids play a minimum of 2 quarters
• Coach stays on court to help players and referee
• Teaches the basics of man-to-man defense
• We do not keep track of the score
• Played on 6’ rim
• No penalties for travelling or fouls, but play is stopped to explain them
• Played on an 8‘ rim
• Fouls are called and explained, but there are no forced turnovers or free-throw shots
• Progressive play—refereeing gets stricter as weeks go on
• Focuses on a different skill during the game each week.
Training includes the teaching of blocks, kicks, punches, and other strikes, sparring, self defense, mental discipline and more tailored towards the age of the participant.